Presentations and papers from the 2019 conference will be available by 03-Sep-2019.
Presentations and papers from the 2018 conference can be found here.
The 2019 conference theme is “Outreach with Early Experimentation Support.”
Space elevators are a new way to access space less expensively than possible with chemical rocket technology. The technology offers solutions to many of the problems facing the world today, including the need for clean, renewable energy. A space elevator uses a carbon nanotube, graphene, or other strong nanomaterial ribbon that stretches from the surface of the earth to a counterweight in space. Climbers ascend the ribbon lifting cargo and passengers to earth orbits and launching spacecraft to distant planets. The conference, focusing on all aspects of Space Elevator development, will engage an international audience of scientists, engineers, educators, entrepreneurs, enthusiasts, and students in discussions of Space Elevator Development including: early experimentation, strong materials research, technology, business and operations, public outreach, and legal issues.
The 2019 ISEC space elevator conference theme is “Outreach with Early Experimentation Support.”
Two public space elevator talks will be held in conjunction with the conference on Saturday, August 17th.
This year the Museum of Flight is also featuring an Apollo 11 exhibit for the 50th anniversary of the first manned moon landing.
Conference events included:
- Date: Saturday, August 17, 2019
- Time: 11am to 1pm
- Cost: Included with Museum of Flight admission
- SE 101: Introduction to the Space Elevator concept
- SE 201: You’ve been to SE 101, now learn more details about space elevator applications, challenges, and opportunities
3-Day Technical Program
- Dates: Friday, August 16, 2019 through Sunday, August 18, 2019
- Time: 8:30am to 5pm
- Space Elevator Overview Presentation: The popular conceptual design
- Keynote presentation
- ISEC Outreach and Reference
- Interplanetary Mission Support
- Greening of the Earth via Space Elevators
- Shotgun Science Session: Ideas not ready for prime time: rapid sequence, 5 minutes each, open to all
- Conference registration is closed as of August 11, 2019.
- See the Technical Program page for the 3-day conference agenda.