The International Space Elevator Consortium (ISEC) invites you to join us in Seattle for the latest research, knowledge, stimulating discussions, and exchange of ideas on space elevators at the 2016 Space Elevator Conference - August 19-21, 2016. The theme of this year's conference is “Apex Anchor, Geo Node, and Communication Architecture.”
Topics for papers should fall into one of these categories.
- Space elevator Apex Anchor, Geo Node, or Communication Architecture
- Carbon nanotube tensile strength research progress and other strong material research relating to space elevators
- Science, engineering, and technology topics relating to space elevators
- Operations, maintenance, ROI, and other business topics relating to space elevators
- Space elevator impact on the future and public outreach to societal institutions; government, media, unions, the educational system, etc.
- Treaties, laws, insurability, and other legal issues and topics relating to space elevators
Submit your abstracts and papers to the Conference Management Tool (CMT) at https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/ISEC2016/. Sign up as a new user when you first go to the CMT site.
Authors are invited to submit titles and abstracts by 15-May-2016. Abstracts must be in English, be no more than 1000 words, should state the purpose, result, and conclusion of the proposed paper with supporting figures where appropriate. Authors will be notified of acceptance to submit a corresponding paper no later that 22-May-2016. For all submittals, please include the title, authors and affiliations, mail address, e-mail, and phone number of the corresponding author.
Please use the ISEC Conference Papers Template for your paper. Papers must be in English with the first full draft for review due by 17-Jul-2016. Any feedback on draft paper reviews will be completed by 24-Jul-2016. Final papers and presentations are due 14-Aug-2016 so that we make them available for conference attendees. PowerPoint or PDF formats are preferred for presentations.
We will collect all papers and presentations made and include them in the conference proceedings, to be offered for sale on digital media after the conference. Conference attendees will receive the final proceedings after the conference. By submitting a paper and presentation to the conference, the author(s) explicitly give(s) ISEC and the Space Elevator Conference organizing committee the right to include his or her paper and presentation in the conference proceedings.