Robo Climb 2017 and the Family Science Fest - Saturday, August 26, 2017
Included with paid admission to the Museum of Flight
The Space Elevator Conference presents the sixth annual Family Science Fest on Saturday, August 26. This family-friendly event has something for everyone and you’ll have the entire museum to explore, top to bottom. Local companies, non-profit educational and service organizations and schools will offer hands-on activities, displays and demonstrations with the focus on STEM (science, technology, engineering and math). Roam the museum’s Great Gallery and watch teams compete in RoboClimb, a special robotics competition; learn about the Space Elevator and its importance to mankind at Space Elevator 101 and 201 presentations. This event is included in the Museum of Flight admission price.
Space Elevator Family Science Fest
Location: Museum of Flight
Date: Saturday, August 26, 2017
Time: 10 AM to 3 PM
Cost: Included with Museum of Flight admission, no registration is required for these events (except for teams competing in the Robotics Challenge)
Planned activities include:
- Robo Climb - a competition for middle- and high-school level robotics teams to build/program an autonomous, tether-climbing robot. Prizes will be awarded to the top-performing teams and for innovative robot design.
- Robo Climb 2017 Space Elevator Competition Rules to be provided in June 2017
- Here is the Satellite Scale Drawing from 2015.
- Space Elevator 101 and 201 presentations (tentative times)
- 12:00 PM – 12:40 PM SE 101 - "An Introduction to the Space Elevator"
- 12:40 PM – 1:00 PM SE 101 Q&A
- 2:00 PM – 2:40 PM SE 201 - "Space Elevator Design Challenges and Usage Scenarios"
- 2:40 PM – 3:00 PM SE 201 Q&A
- More activities being planned, check back for details