The 2013 conference will be held at the Museum of Flight in Seattle, Washington.
Online Registration is now open!
Conference events included:
1-Day Family Science Fest
- Date: Saturday, August 24, 2013
- Time: 10am to 5pm
- Cost: Included with Museum of Flight admission
- SE 101: Introduction to the Space Elevator concept
- SE 201: You've been to SE 101, now learn more details about the SE applications, challenges, and opportunities
- RoboQuest: A family-focused event for kids of all ages featuring a robotic climber competition
- More activities are being planned this year
- Read more about the Family Science Fest
3-Day Technical Program
- Dates: Friday, August 23, 2013 through Sunday, August 25, 2013
- Time: 9am to 5pm
- Cost: See the Registration page for prices and online registration
- Space Elevator Overview Presentation: The popular conceptual design
- Presentations on Tether Climbers: The theme and main focus of this year's conference
- The Strong Tether Challenge: Resuming the competition this year for the strongest tether material
- Carbon Nanotube (CNT) Research: Latest progress in high strength CNT research
- Cosmic Study Workshop on Space Elevator Feasibility: International Academy of Astronautics four year cosmic study
- SE Impact on the Future: Transformations enabled by the SE - space exploration, resource utilization, and more
- Shotgun Science Session: Ideas not ready for prime time: rapid sequence, 5 minutes each
- More details on the Technical Program will be available the by the first week of June.