A world with inexpensive, safe, routine, and efficient access to space for the benefit of all mankind.
The International Space Elevator Consortium (ISEC) promotes the development, construction and operation of a Space Elevator (SE) Infrastructure as a revolutionary and efficient way to space for all humanity. ISEC is made up of individuals and organizations from all around the world who share a vision of mankind in space.
Provide technical leadership that promotes the development, construction, and operation of a space elevator infrastructure.
Become the “go to” organization for all things space elevator.
Energize and stimulate the space community to support a space elevator to commercialize space without depending on rockets.
Support educational gatherings, meetings, workshops, classes, and other similar events to carry out this mission.
ISEC Strategic Plan 2015-16
- Organize and conduct the annual Space Elevator Conferences. The 2015 conference will include a poster [maintain donation levels, keep relationship with Seattle Museum of Flight and its tie to “children’s day,” keep exciting speakers coming, more papers need, continue at least two workshops per year, documentation is desired]
- Produce the ISEC Journal, CLIMB, annually
- Produce Via Ad Astra magazine annually
- Sponsor and organize the Artsutanov and Pearson prize competitions
- Produce the Annual ISEC Study report (2014 is Architectures and Roadmap, 2015 is Marine Node, 2016 tbd)
- Increase our Professional & Student membership and go ‘outside the circle’ and recruit additional Corporate sponsorship
- Strengthen Organization -- Need a way to judge progress
- Maintain a Social Media presence
- Enhance History Committee activities
- Enhance Research Committee activities