The third annual ISEC Board of Director's meeting was held on Friday, August 24th, 2012, at Seattle's Museum of Flight. This meeting is held every year in conjunction with the annual Space Elevator Conference (now hosted by ISEC).
Most Board members were in attendance (Ted Semon, Bryan Laubscher, Skip Penny and Peter Swan attended in person while Ben Shelef and Martin Lades attended via Skype). Also in attendance was David Horn, conference chair.
The first order of business was discussing adding David Horn to the ISEC Board of Directors. After a short discussion and an indication from David that he would like to join, he was nominated, seconded and unanimously voted onto the Board of Directors. Per the ISEC Bylaws, his first term is for one year, expiring in August of 2013, at which time he will be eligible for a full three year term.
The second order of business was the expiring Director terms for Skip Penny (who had been added on a preliminary one-year term at the August 2011 meeting) and Bryan Laubscher and Ted Semon (who were finishing three year terms).
All three of these Directors expressed a desire to stay on the Board. All of them were nominated, seconded and unanimously approved for new, three-year terms.
The composition of the ISEC Board is now as follows:
- David Horn (term expires in August, 2013)
- Ben Shelef (term expires in August, 2013)
- Martin Lades (term expires in August, 2013)
- Peter Swan (term expires in August, 2014)
- Markus Klettner (term expires in August, 2014)
- Ted Semon (term expires in August, 2015)
- Bryan Laubscher (term expires in August, 2015)
- Skip Penny (term expires in August, 2015)